flutter skirt design winner announced! August 16 2012, 6 Comments
We are so excited to announce the design contest winner for the Flutter Skirt! Everyone that entered did a wonderful job and it was hard to pick the top 3 but here goes....
1st prize goes too: Celina! from Petit a Petit
* The winning design will be featured here on the blog with a full sized tutorial and designer bio. * Any three e-patterns of your choice.
2nd prize: Elegance & Elephants!
3rd Prize: Mama Turtle!
2nd and 3rd prize:
* The 2nd and 3rd winning designs will also be featured here on the blog with pictures and designer bios. * any one of our e-patterns of choice.
Thank to all that entered!
Winners please email Shelly (email@example.com)
free new figgy's pattern and a design competition too! July 05 2012, 9 Comments
Anybody who lives in the Pacific Northwest knows, that Summer starts on the 4th of July! So, to celebrate summer (which finally arrived here in Portland as well!) we are excited to share our free (!!!) Flutter Circle Skirt tutorial with all of you! It's a beginner friendly sewing project that might only take you a couple of hours to complete from finish to end. Yet what we are providing here is a great pattern base or blue print for lots of sewing projects like, tiered skirts, minis, maxis, empire waist dresses, sun dresses - just perfect for summer! And as a bonus, we threw in adult/tween sizes too, so we grown ups can finally wear our own Figgy's too.
And because we think it's such a great pattern, we'd like to kick off a design competition throughout the month of July:
* create a garment based on the Flutter Circle skirt
* photograph your project and upload to the Figgy's Flickr group.
* indicate in the title: Flutter Competition.
* submission deadline: August 10th 2012
* a panel of insiders in addition to Shelly and myself will review all submissions and pick a winner!
* the winner is announced on August 15th 2012
And now for the prizes:
* The winning design will be featured here on the blog with a full sized tutorial and designer bio.
* Any three e-patterns of your choice.
2nd and 3rd prize:
* The 2nd and 3rd winning designs will also be featured here on the blog with pictures and designer bios.
* any one of our e-patterns of choice.
What are you waiting for? Download your free pattern and get designing! We can't wait what you come up with!
Daniela & Shelly